Re: [NTLK] Windows or Mac

From: nelson (bnelson6_at_valuelinx.net)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 09:22:32 PDT

jake smith wrote:

> Every point beautifully listed off and oh-so-correct about inDesign.
>
> Mac user here, for about 10 years. Started as a junior in a design
> house, back when PMT cameras and bromide were still in use (very few
> people my age remember that!) and Macs were just coming in.

Oh I remember the PMT cameras from college, loved working with them. Was
taking graphic design, had a term paper due in English class. An was trying to
get into the p.c. labs to do it when i remembered there were comps in the art
dept. So off i went with only an hour or so before the labs closed, sat down
in front of my first mac An SE. What no dos? I just click? I dont have to
name a file? It prints to a Laser writer? Within 30 minutes i was useing Mac
write an in love. Have been on Mac every since, yes i can use a pc if forced
with a large blunt object. Actually i have an old p.c. ... its screen saver
states it wants to be a Macintosh when it grows up.
P.C.'s are great for software and access now days, but that comes with access
to even more problems too.
Basicly if it works, its cool to me.
Bryan
apple SE maxed out at 4megs ram, lc2, an 3 somewhere, 6360 lives on an art
desk in the garage next to the SE, G3 beige gets to stay in the house,
powerbook 170 needs a new hard drive, powerbook 540, mp120. mp130, mp2000u