Re: [NTLK] Windows or Mac

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 13:46:32 PDT

YOU CAN also buy those same dtp programs for the pc. my wife uses both macs and pc as a graphic designer. your choice of either mac or pc is up to you. as i have said before its a preference thing. you know what you need to do and what you want to do. so you need to figure out which is better for you at this time and go from there. i will refrain from a mac vs pc thread as i am a pc user.

hth,

LAG

Tommaso <tommaso.scigliuzzo_at_tin.it> wrote:
DTP is for DeskTop Publishing and, if I can say, DTP was born with Mac
in the early 80s.
Adobe Pagemaker and Quark xPress (the 2 main DTP apps) are available
under Mac platform as the most serious graphic apps as Painter, Corel
Suite, Adobe Suite, Macromedia and so on.
If you need of Win apps you can use a soft emulator under Mac called
VirtualPC (owned by Microsoft) and, if I can say, the PC emuator is
better and stable than the original
:-)

Tommaso