[NTLK] [FS] Messagepad 2100 and Serial Adapter for sale or trade

From: Andrew O'Dell (andrew_at_sense-of-purpose.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 07:15:22 PDT

After a bit of fun and discovery, I have decided to sell my Newton
Messagepad 2100 which I purchased off of ebay several months ago (you
can view the auction here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5704534417 I am
simply looking to get back what I paid for it and am asking $65 (which
includes shipping, the original power adapter, a 4 MB Flash Card and a
3Com 3CXM556 Megahertz Cellular Modem/56K modem/Fax Modem, the driver
for which can be found here
http://www.unna.org/unnasearch/entry.php?pkey=319). I will also throw
in an original stylus for free.

Alternately, I am looking to purchase a recent-model HP ink-jet printer
and would consider a trade of some sort.

The MP is in good working condition and includes all doors. I would be
happy to take some pictures and post them if that would make a
difference in the sale.

I also have a serial adapter for sale for $30.

Finally, I want to add that I was never able to get infra red to work
(my friend and I bought the lot of two newtons and each got one). I
don't know if it was b/c
A) we didn't know what we were doing
B) there was something wrong with *his* Newton's IR port or
C) there was something wrong with my Newton's IR port.

Except for a couple of scratches, there doesn't appear to be anything
visibly wrong with port, so I just don't know. But I wanted to add
this caveat just in case. Everything else seems to be working well
(and again, the IR port may be working fine as well, I just can't
verify).

Thanks, all!
Andrew O'Dell