Re: [NTLK] einstein -> antelope -> oqo? RANT ALERT!

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 12:16:13 PDT

>Okay, maybe that was a *bit* over overkill.

I guess my fear is that while something like the OQO is very cool its
priced out of peoples reach - while something like the Clie UX50 or
Zaurus will never gain widespread use because they're very expensive
compared to an everyday low/midrange PDA (Zire 72?)

At least Sony/Sharp are big enough to sell high end PDA's as high-end
loss leaders for their low end products. Possibly OQO might license
their design and/or it'll get ripped-off and manufactured for less but
otherwise its always going to be an expensive toy - which means mere
mortals like myself won't be able to afford it - I certainly couldn't
imagine buying a brand new Newton 130/2x00 series when they came out
even though I could appreciate the technology.

It will be interesting to see what sort of architecture Paul & Co.
target with a view towards wider acceptance and economies of scale.

Raj.