[NTLK] What's a good (free) app for using multiple apps at once?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 11:32:25 PDT

>From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
>Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:05:48 EDT
>Subject: [NTLK] What's a good (free) app for using multiple apps at once?
>
>Hello Everybody,
>My girlfriend is searching for a means of accessing the calculator program
>while she is writing in NotePad or Works. Essentially, she needs some kind of
>hot button that will allow her to pull up a calculator, without first closing
>the NotePad/Works app. I should mention she is using an MP 2x00 Newton.
>
>I'm thinking that perhaps Dashboard is what she is looking for. However, I'm
>sure there are other simple apps which allow one to quickly access another
>program without closing the first program. We would appreciate
>recommendations
>from the list members.Thanks in advance. :O)

This function can be culled from Eckart's excellent offering "Small Extras"
http://www.40hz.org/SmallExtras , which one couldn't praise enough if The
E-Man would convince it to play nice with ebooks and paperbacks (which it
displays as items but doesn't start in current version 2.1).

You can use it to browse through the Extras folders contents using a speedy
pre-fab menu (which can at any time be forced to update itself), it
displays everything that's not frozen. If you select an app or book already
open, this item cycles to front. Works nice and quick, this hack.
    Now, about that opening books-issue -- somebody ;=} should kindly ask
Eckart to maybe pretty please perhaps implement this...

Talking books, I think I'd sent you a mail recently about that topic, Matt.
Pls. check your mailbox if you have some time.

Cheers,

DJV.