Re: [NTLK] Ripped off on eBay

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 16:35:10 PDT

Here you go...read this:
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html
It doesn't fix anything, but it will definatly make
you feel better...
Anyway, it's a fun read with an interesting plot twist
at the end!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Kevin Bishop <kevinbishop_at_alamedanet.net> wrote:

> I'm writing out of frustration... I just bid on and
> supposedly won a brand
> new Newton 130 on eBay today... I thought it would
> be great to "experience"
> a new Newton, even though I already have a 2100...
>
> I went to pay through paypal, and found out the
> person selling refuses to
> accept credit cards... Even though his eBay ad shows
> Paypal and credit
> cards...
>
> When I contacted him, he told me he doesn't like
> taking credit cards, and
> all he would do is have me listed as a "non-paying
> bidder" and he would
> relist the Newton...
>
> I am SO angry right now I could spit nails... (But
> not at a Newton of
> course!)
>
> Filing a case with Square Trade is useless, unless I
> want to spend money on
> a mediator...
>
> Not even sure why I'm writing to the list, but
> thought I'd share the
> experience...
>
> ARGHHHH..
>
> Kevin

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin