[NTLK] "Welcome to Newton" Video

From: Josef Chessor (josefcub_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 00:58:59 PDT

Hi all!

     I was going through my Original MessagePad's box and came across
the videotape. Purple cardboard jacket, cheery yellow and red
label... I'm sure a lot of you know the videotape. It's the
eight-minute (Four minutes of prattling, four of helpful hints)
introductory video to the Original MessagePad, complete with the users
demonstrating with Newton NotePads.

     Well, since I hadn't seen the video since 1995 or so, I popped it
into the VCR attached to my PowerMac, and on a lark decided to capture
it. My questions are, does anyone want it, may I upload the 63MB
Sorensen 3-encoded MOV file to UNNA (or someplace more appropriate),
and is this a good idea? :)

     I figure it'd be a decent contribution (unless it's already there
of course) and it does contain helpful hints for people using
OMP/MP100s, or newer ones set on Cursive. :)

Take Care!
Josef

PS: Yes, I know the file size is horrible compared to the video
length. But since Avid Videoshop (that came with the PM8500
motherboard I'm using) choked when I selected 'DivX', that was the one
I recognised and selected. ;)

--
"I laugh because I dare not cry.  This is a crazy world
 and the only way to enjoy it is to treat it as a joke."