Re: [NTLK] T610 Blunt No joy

From: Sonya Hipper (sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 10:03:29 PST

Marty,

What worked for me (with my T68i+"purple" Ambicom CF BT adapter) was=20
setting Blunt's Bluetooth Setup to accept the pairing initiated by the=20=

phone rather than vice-versa. I've been able to use the T68i to get=20
online since, only occasionally having to re-perform the "Get Services"=20=

function on Bluetooth Setup.

 =46rom there, it's just a matter of setting up a work-site in Owner =
Info,=20
and in Internet Setup. Info on what modem script to set up and how is=20
out there on the list and on the Wiki (I think).

I'm also happy to IM-chat to help, if you like.

-Sonya

Marty wrote.

> After a lot of fiddling with this combination, and the Ambicom CF
> Bluetooth card (purple antenna), I am sorry to report this is a bust.
>
> First of all there is some kind of pairing issue with this phone and
> Blunt. The Newton sees the phone fine, and SEEMS to pair fine, but
> when the connection attempt from the Newt to the phone occurs, somehow
> the phone has amnesia (although the Newton is still listed in "my
> devices"), and tries to pair again. On a couple of occasions I was
> able to enter the previously entered pairing keyword and succesfully
> get a connection, although this seems to be a fluke of some kind (ie
> it's not reliably repeatable).
>
> On those occasions where I paired from the Newt with a pass of 1234,
> and then used 1234 when I connected, I saw the exact same problem as
> with the T68i.
>
> As Eckhart described it to me, this seems to be related to "PPP echo
> packets" which NIE insists on using, and the SE cells don't seem to
> like. This causes a disconnection of sorts, which results is Newton
> error and problems.
>
> This is consistent with what I see on my my PBG4 Ti 867, although
> under OSX I can uncheck the "send PPP echo packets" option and then it
> stays connected reliably...
>
> So, this seems like a good job for Daniel Padilla! Daniel! Help
> us(me)!
>
> Perhaps you can somehow patch NIE so that it simply skips the sending
> of the echo packet, and goes right to the positive result code? Sort =
of
> a way to turn off this PPP echo packet feature, which is a problem in
> this case?
>
> A boy can dream...
>
> marty
=3D=3D
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 =97Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn