Re: [NTLK] nSync 0.3.2 released

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 10:31:29 PST

On Nov 20, 2004, at 10:03 AM, Jos=E9 Luis Moro wrote:

> same thing happened to me, but couldn't figure out how to solve it.=3D20=

> Thanks for your suggestion.

I think it was on this list last week or so, but somebody mentioned=20
that if a notes field contains too many characters (400?) that the sync=20=

will choke. When I discovered that, I launched NewtSync, and over=20
several hours, performed syncs. When it choked, I opened up the=20
nsysnc.text log (I used the Finder to search for the file) in TextEdit,=20=

and scrolled to the bottom. There I would find the last name that was=20
being synced, and invariably, it was trying to write the notes data=20
when it choked. I would find the name in my Address Book, and delete=20
that person's notes. I eventually got my whole names file to sync! This=20=

is the first time in something like five years that I've gotten my=20
Newton to sync with my Mac!!! I'm very happy, but I write this in the=20
hopes that it will help you in your search for a full sync. :-)

--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<jonglass_at_usa.net>