Re: [NTLK] NIV Bible for newt

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 16:14:22 PST

On Wednesday, November 17, 2004, at 03:31 PM, Henry W.Gratwick wrote:

> I was wondering if it's possible to get a copy of any portion of the
> NIV Bible for use on a Newt - I have the King James New Testament
> already, but find the language a little antiquated. I saw in the
> earlier posts about The Message that one apparently *used* to be
> available, for a fee i think - but does anyone know where i could get a
> copy now, preferably for free?

The NIV is a copyrighted work, hence the fee. There are several ways
you can purchase a copy of the NIV Bible in plain test, pretty
inexpensively. If you wanted to convert it to a Newton Book, it would
be for personal use only and you would not be able to distribute copies
of it.

Several years back I purchased "The Online Bible" which included the
NIV, KJV plus a whole library of other versions and "public domain"
Christian works (on CD), for the incredible price of $40. Both Windows
and Macintosh versions are available.

He's got a great product so please DO support his efforts:

   http://www.davepohl.com/

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"