Re: [NTLK] PC Serial Connection Problems with 2100

From: Paul Dunford (pauldunfordnyc_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 05:50:44 PST

Dear Dan -

If my interconnect port is bad, is there anything internally that could be
causing it? A loose connection or something? I am not averse to opening up
the Newton... I have to admit that I tried to last night but I realized that
I was a little too frustrated to effectively deal with the little case clips
around the edges. Perhaps today, as I am calmer, I will have better luck...

The thing that's frustrating about this is that, in the absence of a serial
dongle, I have just been installing packages on me 120 and either beaming
them over to the 2100 or swapping the memory card. It worked fine until
now, when I want to mess around with wireless. I have a WaveLAN Silver, and
just need to get the NIE packages onto the 2100. Hopefully thereafter I can
just use wireless to communicate with the computer. But I appears that I
can't first put the NIE packages onto my 120 then bring them over. Or is
there a way that anyone would know? Really, I just need to get those onto
the 2100.

Thanks much for your suggestions -

Paul Dunford