Re: [NTLK] GPS Map Lite Map Packages

From: Michael Briley (mike_at_maxwell.phys.uwosh.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 04:09:27 PST

James,

Yes, I've made several now and wrote the web page Wilber mentioned:
http://www.phys.uwosh.edu/mike/newt-maps.html. Give that a look and
see if it helps. I'll admit to being at a loss as to why yours didn't
work though. Even errors which lock up the Newt (and I'm made my
share of those too) still show up in GPS Map Lite's load map selection.

Wilber, I'm not sure why you're having problems either. The downloads
page (http://www.phys.uwosh.edu/mike/gps/Start_e.html) includes world
maps - are you being positioned correctly on one of those? If so, there
may be something wrong with the coordinates you used for your map -
check them (remember, western longitudes are negative - I always seem
to forget that!).

Cheers,
-Mike