Re: [NTLK] other newton sellers

From: Adriano (se6ciocco_at_libero.it)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 07:09:24 PST

When items are shipped not insured and clearly marked as 'used parts' =0D
=
the most of the foreigner customers they will not ask for duties.

Perh=
aps consider that the customers on Christmas or other festivities
they b=
ecome ""mad""
and could happen a lof of strange things to the incoming =
shipment...

When i order something out of Italy
i pray for the shipme=
nt will NOT pass the Bari Port
(Dogana di Bari - in the south east of I=
taly)
Bari Customers' are SLOW, SAD people and the things they will rece=
ive
they will let you await 20days more on receiving them

It happened=
 to me on the first Newton i bought
a "brand-new-but-not-shrinking-MP2k"=

It took 12days to arrive from U.S.
then it took 23days to arrive from =
Bari :(
(Bari is 1hour at car distance from where i live)

Adriano=0D
=

> It doesn't matter that the package is marked as "used parts" or "seco=
nd
> hand" or anything else -- second-hand material is also subject to =

> Customs duties, as I learned when I bought a second-hand MP2100 from =

> the USA and was charged a huge amount of import duties and
> admini=
stration costs. I queried the charges, also thinking that they
> should=
 not have been applied to something that was clearly marked as
> "secon=
d hand," but was provided with an official document that
> indicated th=
at there is no dispensation for second-hand goods.

> On the other ha=
nd, I received an eMate from the USA and was charged no
> nothing on it=
 -- it really is just a question of luck.

> Perhaps I should point o=
ut that I live in Belgium, but I see no reason
> to think that things s=
hould be different elsewhere.

> David=0A=0A=0A=0A___________________=
_________________________________________=0ALibero ADSL: navighi gratis a=
 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione. =0AAbbonati subito su htt=
p://www.libero.it =0A