Re: [NTLK] Improving the pen interface...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 08:09:39 PST

On 12-nov-04, at 14:03, Mikael.Palmblad_at_astrazeneca.com wrote:
> While I agree strongly that machines should adapt to people, I would=20=

> claim
> that there is more to it than that. I, for one, wasn't born with the=20=

> skill
> to use either a pen or a QWERTY keyboard.

All too true, but if I understand things right here (using a keyboard=20
interface with a pen) it just seems a giant step backwards.
Look at any decent typist for more than 120 seconds and you'll know=20
why...

On 12-nov-04, at 15:09, Abraham Limpo Mart=EDnez wrote:
> My point is: don't dismiss a new tecnology that can be lead to great
> improvement in the future. People did with the OMP and look at us!

Er, nobody had a problem with the concept, it was the implementation.=20
And frankly, it sucked!
Try an OMP and you'll see what I mean.

As far as I can see Ed reacted on the terrible idea of starting to use=20=

a pen on a keyboard, miles back in computing input evolution in my=20
opinion as well.

Of course the weirdest of ti all is that we al have one of the right=20
solutions right here under our noses while weird people in weird places=20=

try to develop and push weird concepts.
Sometimes I get the feeling the world will never learn, maybe we should=20=

stress history on school just a bit stronger? (!!!)

Robert Benschop