Re: [NTLK] Newtscape and Bluetooth (was off list to marty)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 08:55:14 PST

> Marty Asked:
> Ahah!! Do you see the little globe appear on your phone when
> connecting? Are you using a dial up account or a GPRS account? Who =
is
> your service provider?

Doug Answered:

Yes, the globe appears.

GPRS. I'm using my G4 through the same bluetooth, GPRS
phone to send this out (though not at the same time as when
the Newton is trying to connect--Eckhart doesn't have his
software written so that it's multi-session or multi-thread
compatible).

The settings on my Mac that I'm using to mimick the Internet
Setup settings are:

      Modem: Sony Ericsson
           GPRS CID2 + CGQREC (Ross Barkman's)
      No Proxies
      All PPP settings are blank
      Do not send PPP echo packets
      Do not use TCP header compression
      Do not connect with a terminal window
      Use verbose logging
      TCP is configured manually
      No IP address specified,
      No Subnet mask specified
      Router is provided by the PPP server

I tried setting up a DHCP connection, but it bombed, too.

I'm writing to Ross Barkman, who wrote the modem script for
the phone I'm using, so I can find out what command string
he's got in the script.

Right now I'm using the startup script

      ATDT *99***2#

for the string the Newton is dialing, but I'm not sure that's
right.

I'm using ATT. Even though it's Cingular, it's all ATT stuff for
now.

The error message is

      Lookup up host You have not set up your

and that's where the message scrolls off into never-never
land.

> Are you able to Bluetooth back and forth?

Well, through the computer--yes. That's how this is getting to
you. Not from the Newt yet. I've got to be pretty close...

>> It appears as though I'm almost opening a page, but I get
an
>> error message saying
> So you see a connection slip and then you see the phone
connecting?

Yes, the connection slip shows, I confirm the connection, the
phone dials, the globe appears, and I get the error message.

> Are you using a script to tell the phone to dial?

From

      http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BlueTooth

Login Script:
send ATDT*99***2#
send =B6
wait for CONNECT
done

Logout Script:
send ATH0
send =B6
done

> Offlist? I will copy this to you...

When I'm finished and I have working settings, I'll post back to
the list. I didn't think the chatter would be welcome.

> I have a t610 and am using Blunt to try to get online via GPRS... I
> seem to have some sort of pairing issue, when I go to connect the
> phone pops up and trys to pair again, although it's already in "my
> devices".

That sounds like a Bluetooth Setup problem. Did you
remember to discover services?

That's another thing--there are a number of choices that are
available when discovering choices, and Eckhart hasn't
mentioned which is used for what.

Delete the pairing and pair again?

I'm wondering if that may be an authentication issue. Once
you're paired, it doesn't have to pair again.

Doug