Re: [NTLK] Disassembly Surprises

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 12:53:40 PST

On Nov 5, 2004, at 7:27 AM, Josef Chessor wrote:

> My question to the technically minded
> members of the list is: What interesting surprises have you found
> opening up Newtons before?

My only surprise was a bit different. I was coming home late at night
from work, and walking up the porch stairs into the house, slipped on
my son's baseball bat he had left on the steps. The next morning, when
I got up to check my day's schedule, discovered upon opening the case,
that the screen was shattered to bits! It wasn't "opened" as in seeing
the guts, but I did "open" the case to discover this...

I can't really complain, as I got my Newton upgraded to OS 2.0 at the
same time, and lowered the price of the repair, if I recall. Something
about combining jobs, or so... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland