Re: [NTLK] Newton in the New York Times

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 12:15:52 PST

On Nov 4, 2004, at 6:38 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> To me it's like writing about Macs, only mentioning the Lisa while
> ignoring the G5.

Wow Robert, lets be serious...

The Lisa to the G5 spans 20 years in Computer history.

They use completely different operating systems and chip technologies,
not to even mention the ridiculous disparity in ram and drive space
etc. In fact I think the only thing they share is the Apple logo, and
even that has changed!

This is really a silly comparison.

Although clearly the 2100 is a major upgrade from the MP100, it is in
fact incremental. They were just really nice and important increments.
Comparing the lisa to the Mac II would be more like it...

marty