Re: [NTLK] 2100 anti-glare removal?

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 23:40:35 PST

In my experience no. While acetone might work if you keep it in
contact with the coating long enough, it evaporates very fast. People
who work with it wear respirators and gloves and use explosion proof
fans to remove the fumes from confined spaces very quickly.
Don't use this in your house.
Nail polish remover is usually some ketone often acetone but it doesn't
need to be very strong because acetone is a primary solvent for
nitrocellulose lacquer. Nail polish has a number of resins that make
it hard but I believe that most are nitrocellulose lacquer based.

Woody