Re: [NTLK] FS/T Newton 2000/2100 Flip Cover Front Door

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 21:45:51 PST

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:57:51 -0800, Brendan Nystedt
<brendan_at_armoryhill.com> wrote:

> What happened to frozen Newton? That looked really cool!!

Well the Japanese group completed one, maybe two complete runs of the
Frozen Newton. We have heard of Ferdi (those with tender ears please
excuse the reference) trying to start it up here in North America...
that seemed to lose steam... I have investigated into this matter and
have decided to see if getting a flip cover for the MP2x00 can be done
at a somewhat reasonable price. To keep cost down we are getting CAD
modeling as I mentioned previously done be Peter... (prior I sent my
only complete cover to the fabricator but it was lost in USPS Twilight
Zone) if all goes well we will proceed to get the case completed.

> (along the same lines)
> Is there any possibility of producing a skunkworks MP?

Not sure what you mean by this...'skunkworks'?

> What power does Apple still have over the designs of their Newton hardware?

Don't know the answer to this... but being that I spoke to a woman
about Apple Prototype Auction on eBay earlier this year (now this is
OLD Apple equipment like a Clear ADB Mouse and Clear Duo Docl II) and
Apple's legal team supposely told her to Stop selling main stream
(eBay) but that she could quietly sell them.... as of now that seller
to my knowledge has not sold another item. She mentioned this to me as
I was inquiring if she knew of any Newton items for sale.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung