Re: [NTLK] WiFi (please help me!)

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 14:04:05 PST

On Nov 3, 2004, at 3:57 PM, Matt wrote:

> Several, I have tried two different models of linksys and an airport,
> with
> the linksys I have tried with WEP on and off, never used MAC address
> restrictions. I don't think my issue is with the access point though
> seeing
> as how I cannot get my newton to let me give it any information to
> tell it
> what to look for (such as SSID) since I cannot find anywhere that will
> let
> me give it that information. As I said, the instructions that I put
> the
> address for tell me I enter the SSID in Owner Info, but it doesn't
> appear to
> be there.

When you put the card in the slot, a slip should come up, offering a
checkbox for "Use this card for AppleTalk" and a Setup button. Picking
the Setup button will take you to a screen where you can configure the
wireless options. If you're not getting a slip when you insert the
card, then you've either got the wrong driver installed, or your card
is not compatible with the driver. I'm voting the latter since you're
using Hiroshi's driver. Two options - you can try loading the "More
WiFi Cards" patch: http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/ , or
hopefully someone who's got wireless working with your card will chime
in. I know the Silver and Gold cards will work, not sure about the
Bronze.

- Dave