Re: [NTLK] [OT] Possible new iPod causing buzz

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 16:34:10 PST

> I would rather like an iPod featuring a larger screen, handwriting
> recognition and better PIM capabilities...

   Adding Rosetta seems like a no-brainer, especially since it already
has an address book, and it has a second ARM processor, so it's not
like it's processor-challenged. Of course, it wouldn't be all *that*
useful, but for adding a address entry in a pinch, it would be nice.
But it would require a touchscreen, and I don't know what that would do
to profit-margins.

   This might be especially useful (and way-cool) if the iPod had
bluetooth and could sync with the iBook in briefcase, *while the ibook
is still closed* (wake it up, update, then put it back to sleep).. And
then your iBook (still in briefcase) could do the same with your
desktop mac (also sleeping at the time) when you walk into your
office..

Jim