[NTLK] Headset for Nokia CardPhone 2.0

From: Hemant Kamat (hemantkamat_at_eth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 10:28:46 PST

Finally, after waiting 6 weeks (do RoyalMail International Signed For
packages get delivered by steamer???) I got my hands on a CardPhone. NewtSMS
1.10b works great, but it took me the better part of an hour to figure out
'Serial Card Slot 2' is actually the upper PCMCIA slot on my MP2K. Wow!

Alright, straight to the point: I can read & send SMSs, but as far as voice
calls are concerned, the Nokia (genuine) handsfree kit I received with my
old 3310 does not work, although I can hear a buzz & click in the earpiece
whilst dialling a number. I know the HDC-6D model is compatible with the
CardPhone, but as it's a bit difficult to find nowadays, has anyone had
success with any other handsfree make/model?

BTW, try as I might, I couldn't get Christian Fiutak's driver to work. It
does show 'Nokia CardPhone 2.0' in Prefs -> Modem, but Calls doesn't
recognize the CardPhone, says 'No modem connected'

Awaiting tips & suggestions from you people, thanks in advance!