[NTLK] eMate charges when open only?

From: Jeff Knee (jeffknee_at_capturimage.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 07:00:51 PST

I stumbled on this recently, after being unable to charge my eMate for
quite some time (even bought new NIMH batteries but dreaded installing
them): The eMate wouldn't charge while closed. But when I plugged in
the AC adapter, it came on and asked me to log in my PIN, which I did.
Then I noticed it said "charging" in the lower-right corner. I then
closed the lid and it wouldn't continue charging. But when I opened
it, it did. Apparently the eMate will only charge when the lid is
open! I didn't know that, and wonder if others who think they need new
rechargeable batteries know that, too? I'll look in the user's manual
for any info on this strange fact.
Jeff