Re: [NTLK] TV remote

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 07:59:38 PDT

Edmund Blackadder wrote:
Saturday, May 29, 2004 10:07 PM

>THe band thing is that (the tv is a sony trinitron) that i cannot find any
>software that control the "menu" button for my tv, so i can tune the
>channels.
>
>Does any of you with a similar TV has a solution?

Edmund, I recall a Newt solution - the remote software allowed you to either
program it or install additional remotes that were already programmed - I
recalled using it to control a Magnovox TV at a hospital waiting room - they
of course don't let you change the TV and have it mounted high on the wall.
Also I used it with my SONY TV at home. The name of the software eludes me
right now.

The only other solution is to possibly try a (excuse me here) Pocket PC
solution as I have used one and purchased it also. However I ran into an
issue with the vendor 'Cardoware' and can not recommen them as after a issue
they wouidl not issue a replacement registration. (If you want to know the
details regarding this software I post it at a later time as it's somewhat
OT.

I've checked thru UNNA and could not find athat Newt remote I used - also
I'm having a hard time doing the search. Not sure why my searches don't ever
come up with anything... could be my brain - a little slow right now...

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family
Edmund Blackadder wrote:
Sun, 30 May 2004 03:07:23 +0100

>... the bad thing is that (the tv is a sony trinitron) that I cannot find
>any software that control the "menu" button for my tv, so i can tune
>the channels.
>
>Does any of you with a similar TV has a solution?

Learn to simplify your finances and your life in Streamline Your Life from
MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0405streamline.armx