Re: [NTLK] Adapter for eMate 300

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 09:23:35 PDT

Hi Sally
Welcome to the list.
Over the last couple of years (likely more) there have been a number of
discussions regarding the use of radio shack or other after market
power adapters. The general consensus is that it is risky, and can
destroy some components in your eMate. It seems that the issue is that
lowcost adapters can allow voltage spikes. The original power supply
from any newton device can be used and has circuitry to deal with power
spikes.
Search eBay for 'Apple Newton', there is an adapter now with BIN of
$14.99 plus shipping. Also visit <jksalesinc.com> They have Newtpon
adapters.

Woody