Re: [NTLK] eMate disassembly - do I *have* to de-solder?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:07:22 PDT

>On May 28, 2004, at 6:31 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

>> had some practice the day before, taking apart my fiance's Kodak
>> digicam.
>
>Watch out for the flash!!!! That sucker can hurt!
>
>marty

If you mean charged yes they can as they hold a lot of voltage for some
time. One of the easiest ways to dissipate the charge is to take a flash
picture then shut of the flash immediately afterwards before it can charge
up again (which generally takes a few seconds). Of course every camera is
different but in general this will reduce or eliminate the charge that the
flash has. Another method is to leave the camera (or at least the flash)
alone for a month and the charge should be dissipated by then.

-Dan