Re: [NTLK] Internal or Card Storage

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 18:36:35 PDT

On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 09:23 PM, Laurie Kern wrote:

> I am curious how people store pkgs and data on their 2x00's -
>
> Do you load most of your software pkgs internaly and have application
> data
> on memory cards OR ...
> do you store all app data internaly and the software pkgs on cards

I take into consideration the recommendation someone made the last time
this topic came up, that packages which are write-intensive should use
a card and more static applications should use internal memory, since
internal memory's lifespan is finite for a certain amount of
write-cycles. Better have to replace the card than the internal
memory. So I store all my data on a card and just the basics on the
internal memory. Perhaps there is some reason this is a bad idea but I
have not encountered any problems with this philosophy.

> With 2 slots what people using them for? 1 for a memory card the other
> modem, more memory, NIC card or ?...........

A lot of us use a linear card in one slot and a NIC or wireless card in
the other.

-Dan