[NTLK] SMART 4MB SM9FC series card... doesn't work in Newton

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 12:58:55 PDT

I found a SMART 4MB PCMCIA flash card, model SM9FCSC4M001, kicking around
work. It used to hold a copy of Cisco IOS for a series 1600 router. Seems to
me that this should be linear flash, but neither my eMate nor my 2100 will
recognize it. I get "There is a problem with this card (Newton cannot
recognize this type of card.)"

I seriously doubt that it's ATA but it's not listed on SMART tech's website.
Every site I've seen has it listed as specifically for a Cisco 1600. I guess
the CIS info on this card must be non-standard...

Is anyone using this EXACT card in a Newton?