Re: [NTLK] password breaker-Emate

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 07:15:50 PDT

Victor Rehorst wrote:
Wed, 26 May 2004 09:32:36 -0400

>When the eMate activates the Battering Ram Pro package it will defeat the
>PIN and (I believe)
>ask if you want to remove or change it. I've actually never used it but
>I've heard that lots of
>people have...

Victor, it's not that PIN. The eMate will start up and prompt you with a
selection of users. You select a user and youi login. This is because the
Teacher Setup was configured - two of mine were in this position - from
there you are in the system but unable to see all the icons in Extra.

- Now does anyone really know how the Teach Setup Password is stored? If it
is in the same location as the PIN then maybe - I haven't checked it out but
I think we are still able to set a PIN through Prefs.

The only stuff I saw was that my unit loads up items like the TDK modem,
NetHopper, the Tour - and the other Type .. what ever... Looks to me just a
standard configuration.. I could be wrong...

Victor tell us what eMate you get. If it has a BOCES label on the battery
cover like two of mine (It may have the memory upgrade)

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp