Re: [NTLK] 2100 bubbles

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 11:00:32 PDT

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:49:42PM -0400, Ryan Rotter wrote:
> I recently purchased a 2100 on eBay, and it seems to have an air bubble
> in the screen. I don't know much about the construction of the screen,
> or the layers of material in it, but it seems to be just below the top
> layer (plastic?) I can push it around and it will move around on the
> screen, but I cannot get rid of it. It causes some minor distortion of
> the picture, and makes it a little harder to write (fortunately it is
> toward the top, so it's not too bad). Has anyone else had this problem
> or know how to fix it? Will this cause further damage if I don't
> repair it?

If the unit has a screen protector on it, it's probably just under that.
Bubbles in there are common, as they are formed by uneven placement of
the protector. They can appear even after the protector is placed. The
solution is to replace the protector, being more careful about
installing it than the previous owner was.

--
55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my
    Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert