Re: [NTLK] Freezing packages

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 00:46:22 PDT

On 25-mei-04, at 08:03, Paul Guyot wrote:
>> And SAS Freeze Utilities modifies the Packages soup?
> If it's the one that changes the icon, then yes.
> However, I don't want to start any rumor against softwares that
> modify the Packages soup. I'm just allergic to them since I nuked
> myself (without the help of any of these) this soup and I had to
> brainwipe.

Hm, enough for me to be prudent and something is always screwing up my
system forcing me to brain-wipe about every half year.
Never really bothered me since it's a good cure against fragmentation
and never lost any data because of it.
And about a 'rumor against softwares', I always warn people about SAS
commercial freezing solution (one of the few packages they made that
isn't any good.
Almost all others are great, (though often pricey) so I don't mind
getting the low down on their freeware solution and I'm pretty sure
others on the list don't mind either.

>> And if you don't like the thaw router menu how do you unfreeze a
>> package?
> You just tap a package. This is the way it is implemented in the ROM.

But that only does a temporary job, what if you want a package you
froze unfrozen permanently?

Robert Benschop