Re: [NTLK] Freezing packages

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 21:32:39 PDT

Aux environs du 24/05/04 à 0:15 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Freezing packages", Robert Benschop prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
> > I rather guess you have some *powerful* third party utility that do
>> not do things properly in this respect.
>
>This is not a hint about Kallisys package, isn't it?

Actually, I never liked all the big freeze utilities around.
- I don't like the Thaw router menu item some of them have.
- I don't like utilities to modify the Packages soup because problems
in this soup usually mean it's time for a brain wipe.

The freeze feature is implemented in the ROM. One just has to enable
it and Options from SBM does the trick (it's not the only tool like
this). It suits me perfectly.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/