Re: [NTLK] NewtChat-Internet problem

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 17:57:13 PDT

>I bought NewtChat and in general i am very satisfied.
>But i have problems performance wise.
>My machine is a MP2000, NIE 2.0, with a CF card.
>After ~10 minutes of being online...the machine starts to become
>unresponsive and veeery slow.

You might want to try having NewtTest running while you are using
NewtChat. NewtTest does a garbage collection every couple of
seconds. Maybe NewtChat is running out of heap space over time,
which a garbage collection would make available again.

NewtTest can be found in the software section of the site in
the signature. Only start it, no need to set anything. Once started
it will do the garbage collection thing.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de