Re: [NTLK] Freezing packages

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 12:08:20 PDT

>First, freezing doesn't increase the speed but gives you more heap,
>(like RAM in a desktop) only if you fill up your heap to the brim will
>the speed decrease, in a 2100 or an upgraded eMate you'll have to load
>a lot before you'll experience anything like that.
>Second, what do you use on your Newt if you don't use the above?

Works, Simplemail (got it working, turned out I had an old version),
PT100 and I'm trying to get my head around newtonscript using newt.

I don't need an organiser, and certainly not one as bulky as an emate. I
basically use it to write on, and as a terminal when I can't be bothered
to get up and use the main pc :)