[NTLK] [Q] Wiki needs help w/ Mail-Pages (was Re: [Q] "Do ze email!" - but it don't... (was Re: New Network Card from Arboreto Smitheroni was something else)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 02:12:41 PDT

>>I was already thinking about going with Simon's app, but I wanted to make
>>this what we newbies call an educated decision - so are there anywhere
>>reviews and comparisons of mail apps? (would look nice on the Wiki, too, I
>>reckon...)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>DJV.
>
>Yup - I had just marked Victors mail as a wikiwiki'able message....

Don't just mark - post it there! ;=}

I've put up two pages that need some serious help from you all:

[1] http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MessagingApplications
Info there courtesy of Victor and Bill Ove. It seriously needs more reviews
about mail apps and any other messaging-related package.
Do the Wiki, everybody, and if you feel shy about it, post your review as
of our messaging apps up there, folks!

[2] http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/E-Mail
This page doesn't really do anything yet. It waits for some kind folks to
write simple, general step-by-step howtos for setting up mail with NOS 1.x,
2.0 and 2.1. Maybe this looks ludicrous to some old Newton hands, but the
preferences and settings for mail are all over the place, and as the
current smtp auth-thread shows, such a general walkthrough would be worth
mucho. Think of all the newbies who came aboard in the last few weeks, and
they won't be the last. Help them get a running start with e-mail, please.
(Actually, that's a nice way for newbies and any non-coders to give
something back to the community - just document setting up some app and
post that to the Wiki - plenty help for the next one trying to do the same!)

>You most certainly trained me DJ!

Berthe, you make me blush. ;=}

DJV.