[NTLK] Howto, strange readings, more locations, pls.! (was Re: [NTLK] Serg Koren's Newt's Weather - weather servers still online)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 06:58:04 PDT

>Do a search in the Newtontalk archives.
>
>Someone outlined the steps necessary to get it to work.

Seems that was Chris Chapman. Greg was so kind to mail me his instructions.
Chris, Greg - how about giving that a write-up on the Wiki, e.g. link off
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SoftwareReviews?

>I've done it and it works great.

Works so-so here. I get negative temperature values and no wind readings.
Any hints appreciated.

Say, is there maybe any chance to teach the app more locations via some
brilliant patch? The network of weather stations has become much tighter in
the last couple years, what with automation, easy data transmission and
cool weather radar-stuff, so it would be nice to have more locations (esp.
for Europe).

Cheers,

DJV.