Re: [NTLK] http://www.newtenlightment.de/

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 08:26:28 PDT

DHCP is completely unrelated to AppleTalk so your conclusion about that
is correct.

My opinion on the matter is that lots of people have monkeyed around on
getting their connections to work and in doing so turn lots of settings
on and off. They then tell others to turn on this or that not knowing
for certain if it brings the desired affect, just knowing it was one of
the things they tried.

If you want your Newton to access the internet via the internet
connection your Mac has, then you need internet sharing on. If you just
want a connection between your Newton and your Mac, then internet
sharing has no significance. AppleTalk must be turned in System
Preferences/Network on the appropriate network interface [like say
AirPort or Ethernet] and note you can only have it on one interface at
once.

David