Re: [NTLK] http://www.newtenlightment.de/

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 06:46:57 PDT

Aux environs du 18/05/04 à 9:37 -0400, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
http://www.newtenlightment.de/", Thomas Isenbarger prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>[If I want to connect wirelessly, don't I need to have AppleTalk active
>on Airport (not Ethernet)?]

Indeed, you do.

There even is no need to share your Internet access for pure
AppleTalk connection. Create a C2C (or ad hoc) network, configure
your Newton properly and choose connect to -> other computer on the
Newton. The effect will be that the Mac will fire up its connection
and once Escale's AppleTalk widget is black (i.e. once you'll see
your Mac on the Newton's browser), close the browser and click
connect (before the WiFi card is turned off).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/