Re: [NTLK] FwD: damn!

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 11:10:23 PDT

On May 17, 2004, at 6:19 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Doug Augustyn wrote:
>> Well, I did a bit of digging on the machine who sent this, and it's a
>> zombie
>> running some kind of IRC spam relay software.
>>
>> Victor, you are off the hook... ;)
>
> Urg. The mere fact that there have been two messages from zombies
> like this
> worries me. I need to look into preventing them...
Have we identified/purged the source of these?

It's surprising to me that there have ONLY been two, usually when a
machine is sending these it sends LOTS of them. Must be a dial up
connection.

marty
PS although this is an annoyance, at least the stripped attachments
keep it limited to just that. I knew it was not from you without even
opening the message.... Still it does seem goo to figure a way to auto
remove these (validate the senders IP?).