Re: [NTLK] OT on the list and in the digest

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 03:56:56 PDT

I would argue for maintaining OT in the list - it gives a flavour to the
interactions here and keeps it lively.

Especially with a personal device like the Newt, which touches on all sorts
of areas and has the status of a discontinued product, OT posts are part of
the broader community.

For me, the digest is fantastic. It makes skipping topics of whatever kind
that are not immediately interesting, effortless and keeps subjects threaded
etc. Normally, reading the digest is a matter of a couple of minutes unless
something particularly interesting appears.

For those who have had Newts and have been on this list for a long time,
most of the technical topics have been discussed in depth many times and I
only look for anything new or to assist when I can.

I might prefer that, like an officers mess, religion and politics not be
discussed here.

Joel.