Re: [NTLK] [OT] Morals?

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 14:59:33 PDT

GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD : THERE IS NO EVIL PORNOGRAPHY ON
NEWTONTALK.NET!

We were not pushing pornography on the list - we were discussing the
issue of pornography and the fact that it EXISTS FOR THE NEWTON and
their MIGHT BE DEMAND FOR IT - would you rather we collate all the
"evil" material together on one site, which CAN be protected from
access by minors - or rather leave it all where it is, out in the open,
strewn amongst several person's personal servers?

Now, if Victor took the time to bulk email all of us pornographic
.pkg's on this list, with misleading descriptions and filnames you
might have a case. Since that isn't happening I ask you do what many of
us have done: send the offending emails (in your case, anything
addressed to newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net ) and route em straight to your
trash folder - POOF even until you are actually removed from the
mailing list the unwanted mail will be erased - just as several of us
are doing with yours.

You don't have to come here and preach at us, nor do we have to read
it. We don't have to come here and contradict you - nor do you have to
read it. I choose to read newtontalk, and you have CHOSEN NOT TO
ALREADY - SO WHY DO YOU PERSIST IN RESPONDING WITH YOUR DOGMATIC
<censored>!!

On May 17, 2004, at 3:38 AM, Mike Burrell wrote:

> on 5/16/04 4:05 PM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl wrote:
>
>> On 16-mei-04, at 21:42, Norman Palardy wrote:
>>> I'll be unsubscribing now
>>
>> OK, this has gone too far for me by now.
>> Mike, you on your own are responsible for turning away at least Norman
>> and Eric Engle, two long time subscribers and respected members of
>> this
>> community.
>> Moreover people that have been doing the christian and Newton thing,
>> help each other. For years.
>> You come in and you only preach and irritate. You never help anyone.
>>
>> I know you don't want to control yourself, not even out of a social
>> motivation, because I asked off list several times. So essentially
>> you're just being a troll.
>> This is why I'm cc'ing this one to Victor in the hope that he'll read
>> it even on the weekend.
>> So far I only asked Victor once to unsubscribe one person in all these
>> years, now I'm asking it for the second time.
>> Because the interest of one person that only irritates while
>> contributing absolutely zero to the reason of the list shouldn't go
>> above the interest of the rest on the list.
>> (which is about the Newton BTW Mike, I'm sure you've never noticed)
>>

>> Robert Benschop
>

> In my defense. This all started because of my objection to many here
> pushing
> the use of pornography on this list. My main concern was that this
> list is
> not strictly an 18+ group. Your objection is simply my use of the Bible
> which you find more objectionable and reprehensible.
> If I have offended you with harsh words please feel free to quote me.
> Sure,
> this is a Newton list and not a Bible study. However, put evil in
> front of
> my eyes and I will not remain silent but reply with the truth. If it
> stings,
> so be it.
>
> --
> inquiries