Re: [NTLK] [OT] Absolute power was Sex/morals blah blah blah

From: Anton Aylward (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 14:02:19 PDT

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 02:29, Mike Burrell wrote:
> on 5/16/04 12:05 PM, Anton Aylward at anton_at_the-wire.com wrote:
>
> > Ah, but I have. Its amazingly full of inconsistencies and self
> > contradictions.
> > I don't need to list these, they are well documented by bible scholars
> > of many faiths.
>
> To your entire post:
> Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

The devil, it is said, can quote scripture to his own ends.
I, you will have noticed, have refrained from quoting anyone.
My faith, unlike yours, does not need a book to justify and bolster it.
I judge others by what they are worth as humans, by their personal
integrity and how they treat others, not as someone tells me to judge
them.

I'm sure you can find something in the New Testament where Christ is
reported to advise people to behave like that.

--
Anton Aylward <anton_at_the-wire.com>
"If God wanted us to think for ourselves he would have given us brains"