Re: [NTLK] [OT] Morals?

From: Anton Aylward (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 09:22:49 PDT

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 15:15, Mike Burrell wrote:

> Only trouble, Melvin, is that 'moist' people here are irritated about my use
> of Scripture (just as you so nobley quoted) and very few are irritated about
> the continued propulgation of pornography.

Its not your 'quotes' that irritate, its telling people what they should
believe, and that if they don't believe in the same way you do that they
are somehow deficient.

Pornography, by comparison, is just there. Its doesn't argue with you.

Its rather like telling someone her on the list that he's a useless
piece of s**t because he uses something other than a Newton and MAC.

All we're asking is that you don't hold your world view to be an
absolute. We're not quoting wholesales from technical manuals or
surveys or reviews to justify our use of PCs, PocketPCs or other.

Since when was Intolerance a Christian virtue?

--
Anton Aylward <anton_at_the-wire.com>