[NTLK] Where to go from here?

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 18:47:15 PDT

OK, after some further attempts at development, I'm coming to the
realization that I don't think NewtSync is going to get developed at
any reasonable pace. So I'd like to make another call for developers.

I'm working on slowly removing all of the documents and features from
the NewtSync web site and moving them over to SourceForge, and I'd like
NewtSync to become something more of a community open-source effort
instead of something developed just by me in my spare time because
unfortunately, at this point, I don't really have free time. Maybe 5
hours a month. And NewtSync is a demanding project; I could work on it
full-time and still not have things working properly.

I apologize to those who registered in good faith and have been waiting
patiently all of these years; there's nearly 20,000 lines of
NewtonScript and C code in NewtSync; especially now that the connection
direction has been reversed, the core application is pretty reliable. I
would like to ship a new version of NewtSync with this connection code,
but I want to get Dates sync fixed first.

Any volunteers to help with this so we can ship something great? I'm
looking to give some people write-access to the sourceforge site.

j.