Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: ccsccs7 (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 03:17:43 PDT

After you've installed Nitro and the other appropriate packages listed
on the Nitro page, when you set up the Internet connection, you use
serial because that's just the way it gets around messing up the IR for
other purposes. To see what's going on (somewhat): check the box marked
"Display script activity" when you add the script (or edit it).
Basically, if you dial a number, the phone's modem will echo it. (well,
at least when you're doing dialup—you could try sending a bunch of AT
commands just to check (Let's say, "AT" then ¶ and finally Wait for
"xx"). You should see OK appear in the script activity window if it is
connecting.

Here's a checklist of the software you need, just to be sure:

Nitro
NIE Modem & Serial Module
(and you do need to have Newton Internet Enabler (NIE))

Cedric