Re: [NTLK] [OT] Morals?

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 22:41:10 PDT

On 1/1/04 6:05 PM, "Mike Burrell" <mburrell_at_stny.rr.com> wrote:

>> I find it amazing though that no matter which list or newsgroup you are
>> with, as soon as the topic of religion or morals is broached, a million
>> lurkers suddenly become posters. Where are these guys when we're on
>> topic???
>

> Since the one who is supposed to take me off the list must either be
> sleeping or on vacation, let me continue to put in my two cents.
>
> I find it amazing that someone can pop on the list and talk about passing
> out dirty pictures and NOBODY except me seems to care. Yet I talk about God
> and suddenly the whole list goes ballistic!
> You know what? I'm thinking about sticking around.

You find that nobody worried about the dirty pictures because 99.99% of the
time its a spammer who has posted it to this group (and many others), and is
dealt with by the listmom accordingly. As far as posting about religion, I
don't think I have ever in the 22 years or so I have been getting
email/using Fidonet received religious-based spam. That's why people jump
up and down, because it is usually a legitimate email and not spam.

So, what did you think of my Newton posting at the end of the previous
message???? I think donating to charity to receive abandonware for our
beloved Newton is a far more relevant discussion on this list than others
that have been filling my inbox :-)

Seeya

Rod!