Re: [NTLK] Getting Newtonbook data off the newton

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 20:51:56 PDT

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:24:16AM +1000, Joel Pigdon wrote:
> 1) newtonbook can print, unfortunately I dont have a printer, Is it
> remotely possible to turn my linux box into an emulated printer so the
> newton thinks it has a StyleWriter or LaserWriter connected to it. The
> linux box would then produce a raster tiff image or something like
> that. Has anyone heard of such a concept, I must admit It sounds
> slightly absurd but someone else ight have had another use for it.

Theoretically, you can use netatalk to publish "printers" to the Newton
that feed into ghostscript or something. I don't know enough about the
details, and have a happy churning LW IIg to make much experimentation
on my part move into the 'can't be arsed' category. But, it *should* be
able to be made to work.

--
42. When I capture the hero, I will make sure I also get his dog, monkey,
    ferret, or whatever sickeningly cute little animal capable of untying