Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 17:59:42 PDT

On May 13, 2004, at 2:37 PM, Christian Armbruster wrote:
<snip>
> 1. Get Nitro 1.1 and all packages and install them on the Newton
> 2. Go to "Internet Setup" in the Extras drawer
> 3. Create a new "Generic" Setup
> 4. Use "Seriel" as connection
Serial? Don't you want to pick IrDA here?
> 5. Fill in the data, as you would do with a landline connection
> 6. In the Loginscript, the first thing you must do is telling the
> Newton which number or sequence it must send to the phone to initiate
> the connection. I use a dialup GSM number for my local german provider
> which is 22214. So the first command in the login script is SEND
> ATDT22214 followed by a SEND (RETURN SYMBOL)
Also the link I use for the t68i is here...
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102875729817763&w=2

This is how the basic GPRS script looks. I setup the phone to connect
on it's own first. If you are just dialing an isp that's even easier.

I could try using an IR setup too. Perhaps I will when I next see my
wifes phone...

Let us know how it goes.
marty