Re: [NTLK] I have it now!!

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 00:54:35 PDT

First off - congrats to your new machine!

To answer your questions:
1) HWR
You can select between cursive and block letters, you can set the spacing.
The Newt will learn your handwriting in cursive mode only.
You can even set the guest mode to let somebody else try the HWR without
interfering with your personal settings.

To do that go to settings preferences, select HWR.
There is in settings the handwriting practice as well that you can do.

2) I assume that all the stuff on your diskettes is as well on Unna.

3) Here you have a slight problem for the start: the preferred
(fastest)connection would be via ethernet. But this means a) you need a
PCMCIA ethernet card for your Newt and b) you still have the problem to
transfer the packages needed for the Ethernet card onto your Newt.
For the latter there are two possibilities:
a) you have a friend with a Mac or PC equipped with serial interface to
install the packages
b) there has been set up a card lending service -> you lend out a flash card
with the required packages on it and move them into your machine.

4) after having installed NIE (Newton Internet Enabler) you will be able to
set up PPP

5) This is absolutely normal, you have to live with that...

Cheers
Johannes