[NTLK] OSX connection, Wiki, Newton Battery Rebuilders (was Re: Newton 2100s on eBay)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 23:55:02 PDT

>Is there anywhere a definitive and current guide to connecting to an OS
>X computer via a wireless card, both for directly connecting the two
>for installations, etc., and for using the Mac as a base station using
>internet sharing? I have all the internet packages installed on the
>newton, the card driver, some internet apps. I have been searching for
>guides for this and all I have found are old outdated files.

Have you looked at the Wiki? There's quite some connection-related pages,
MacOS, Wifi, whatever. Don't forget to add anything new you find out.

Talking about contribute: I've scimmed NTLK for hints on where to get
battery packs rebuilt and compiled a list of battery rebuilders. Dear all,
you might want to check if you know some more people or companies who
competently offer this service and add 'em right there:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtonRepairPerson.
   Also the "slap yer batts into submission"-stuff of a few days back -
might be nice if some of the people who've been successful with this add
their knowhow to
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BatteryReconditioning.

Let's do the Wiki, folks! ;=}

DJV.